Vacancy: Business Community Manager MedTech (16-24 uur)
For the Twente MedTech cluster, Kennispark Twente is looking for a Business Community Manager to strengthen the interaction between MedTech companies and to connect the companies with the facilities. You contribute to the further development of MedTech Twente 2030: a cluster of 150 MedTech companies spread across the Twente region, from startup to corporate, actively cooperating with each other both formally and informally.
What will you do?
You will become the primary representative of the MedTech Twente Business community. Together with the Manager European Cooperation, Care & Cure Manager and the Marketing & Communication Manager, you will connect and strengthen the MedTech community of companies, knowledge institutes and care institutions. You interact with the companies in the region about what they need to grow (think new services, facilities, talent, R&D&I). You provide this input for developing the tactical investment agendas and for strategic acquisition. Together with the team, you also link healthcare issues to companies.
Your other activities:
- You allow the MedTech Twente community to grow further and increase interaction between companies through participation in, for example, knowledge networks, events, company visits and innovation projects. You will actively connect them to existing communities, the newly built MedTech Factory and other relevant partners.
- Throughout the year, you will organise knowledge events and activities aimed at knowledge sharing, community building and cooperation. The MedTech Twente Week is the annual highlight.
- Where possible, you will play a role in raising funds for projects or initiate European projects in the network.
What are we looking for?
- A minimum of higher professional education and 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Someone with a strong network in the region, especially in the MedTech industry.
- Medical technology knowledge/background is a plus, as is a business background (can be either/or, but preferably and/and).
Are you someone who:
- easily links technologies and business opportunities;
- likes to take the initiative, is entrepreneurial and displays innovation;
- has affinity with or experience in coaching entrepreneurs;
- does not keep ideas to himself, but likes to share them with others;
- is result-oriented and understands that you do not achieve results alone, but together;
- can speak and write in Dutch and English?
Then you’re the one we’re looking for!
We offer the possibility of employment, detachment or interim employment for 16 to 24 hours per week, for the duration of the project (4 years), starting with a one-year contract/agreement. Salary/compensation depends on your experience.
More info: Marieke Stokkelaar, director a.i. Kennispark Twente, email@example.com or 06-4211 0739. Motivation letter with CV and preference for employment can also be sent to Marieke Stokkelaar.
The application is open until we have found a good candidate.
About MedTech Twente
For Twente, medical technology is one of the drivers of its economic growth. There are more than 100 organisations active in Twente’s current MedTech ecosystem, including around 80 companies. To support the R&D agenda of MedTech companies and make MedTech companies thrive even better in Twente, we are strengthening Twente’s MedTech ecosystem in three parts:
- The MedTech Twente community
- Collaboration with other MedTech clusters in Europe
- The national and international positioning and profiling of the cluster
MedTech Twente 2030
In 2030, there will be a cluster of 150 MedTech companies spread across the Twente region, from startup to corporate, actively cooperating with each other both formally and informally. For example, the companies establish trade relationships, form consortia for innovation projects or seek each other out to exchange knowledge and share facilities. The cluster has a strong national and international position. The University of Twente, universities of applied sciences and the MedTech industry work closely together, have joint long-term R&D roadmaps and initiate new public-private MedTech partnerships. The cluster is funded for the duration of four years by the municipality of Enschede, Twente Board and the province of Overijssel.